PRAY TO YOUR GODS.
THEN TAKE THEM APART.
GEARBREAKERS | June 29th, 2021 | Feiwel & Friends / Macmillan Publishers
THE WORLD OF GEARBREAKERS
girls on opposite sides of an ancient war
renegade kids with a pickup truck and a lot to lose
100+ foot mecha-deites (but definitely a f*ckton)
last shot to save or destroy them all
GEARBREAKERS 2 [UNTITLED] / YA SCI-FI
RABBIT & SICKLE / YA FANTASY
GOTHIC ALICE IN WONDERLAND RETELLING X ATTACK ON TITAN
About the Author
Twenty-year-old Zoe Hana Mikuta is a Korean-American writer currently attending the University of Washington in Seattle, majoring in English with a creative writing focus and minoring in History of Religion. She grew up in Boulder, Colorado, where she developed a deep love of Muay Thai kickboxing and nurtured a slow and steady infatuation for fictional worlds. She enjoys writing deteriorating worlds inhabited by characters with bad tempers, skewed morals, and big hearts. Her YA wlw sci-fi debut, GEARBREAKERS, is upcoming from Feiwel & Friends/Macmillan Publishers June 29th, 2021, with an untitled sequel to follow summer 2022. When she needs to unwind, Zoe sews runes onto the belt loops of her jeans and embroiders ‘Bite Me’ on the back pockets. She hopes if she feeds the crows around her campus enough croutons, they’ll begin to gift her quarters, so she can say her laundry is bird-funded.
- GEARBREAKERS NEWS: Cover and Preorder Links Are Live!Via Fiercereads.com: The best piece of advice I’ve ever received will always be “write for yourself.” I love mechas and tattoos and cyberpunk tech and cyberpunk girls and girls loving girls and I put it all into Gearbreakers, and IContinue reading “GEARBREAKERS NEWS: Cover and Preorder Links Are Live!”
- SHE’S TOO PRETTY TO BURN – BOOK REVIEW★★★★ “It’s so easy to destroy. It’s cheap and lazy and small.” I had the privilege of grabbing an eARC of SHE’S TOO PRETTY TO BURN by Wendy Heard, a YA thriller with POVs from two queer girls: Veronica, aContinue reading “SHE’S TOO PRETTY TO BURN – BOOK REVIEW”
- COUNTING DOWN WITH YOU – Book Review★★★★★ I had the absolute privilege of reading Tashie Bhuiyan’s YA Contemporary debut, Counting Down With You. The story follows Karina Ahmed, “a reserved Bangladeshi teenager who has 28 days to make the biggest decision of her life after agreeing to fakeContinue reading “COUNTING DOWN WITH YOU – Book Review”
- I’m Writing GEARBREAKERS 2! First Drafts Are Sometimes Debilitating!It’s only a first draft. Summer passes lazily. I like having my coffee (with lots of cream and sugar) on my thigh when I write, like the perfect picture of productivity, and it’s getting a little easier. I admit IContinue reading “I’m Writing GEARBREAKERS 2! First Drafts Are Sometimes Debilitating!”
- Update!/Premature BurialsI have not posted in a hot WHILE but I’ll just put that in a nice little box on the shelf and then get going again. I am currently back in my hometown, working on the first draft of theContinue reading “Update!/Premature Burials”
- New Writing Schedule!It’s the second week of my sophomore year of college at UW (yay quarter system?), and the start of classes and the attached schoolwork load means it’s time to carve out some set times to write! I aim to writeContinue reading “New Writing Schedule!”